Vision and Values
Learning through Love, Fun and Faith.
Our Mission Statement
We aim to provide the highest quality education, for each and every child, in partnership with parents, within the context of a Christian community.
We adopt the following 6 Christian values as guiding principles:
To be a learning community where:
- Each child is significant; noticed, valued, respected and cherished.
- Children are safe, enthusiastic, happy, engaged, courteous, and interdependent.
- As a result of outstanding, motivating and inspirational staff and teaching, each child makes sustained progress.
- The teaching of reading, writing, communication and mathematics is exceptional and each child makes excellent progress.
- Teachers plan challenging and enjoyable tasks based on accurate assessment of pupils’ prior skills, knowledge and understanding – supported by an outstanding, creative curriculum.
- Learning across the entire curriculum is highly valued and each subject and area of learning is treated as significant.
To be a Christian community where:
- Christian values are at the heart of school life.
- There is a strong link with the local Church and the wider Christian community.
- Spiritual development, as well as cultural, moral and social development, are integral to the learning experience in the school.
- All children and families - those of the Christian faith, those from other faith backgrounds, and those with no faith background - may understand more about our Christian values and faith whilst being free to make their own choices.
To be a local community where:
- The school is at the heart of the wider community, served by that community, and serving that community.
- The school is fully inclusive, welcoming all sections of the wider community, including those families who do not have a natural connection to the school, so that all will view the school as an active and open part of the wider community.
- Effective partnerships with other community organisations are formed and have a positive impact on the life of the school.
- Everyone is a learner – providing opportunities for life-long learning.
To be a global community where:
- The school encourages an awareness of the wider world and global communities.
- The school equips our children with the skills to make a positive contribution to the global community that they will be a part of.